POSITION SUMMARY: Maintains accurate records of providers’ credentials. Processes providers’ applications for privileges and reappointments and monitors licensure renewal activity for Physicians, CRNA’s, APN’s, and PA’s.
U.S. Anesthesia Partners (USAP) is the largest single-specialty anesthesia practice in the country with over 4,000 clinical providers and associates. By joining our team you will participate in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment. As an organization we are mission focused on delivering the highest quality in patient care and you will be directly supporting our talented clinical team. We extend this same commitment to quality to our associates and supply tools and resources that will ensure we win in the healthcare marketplace and support of USAP.
We are proud of our inclusive people culture that supports our associates to perform at their best. USAP is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates with physician services or related health care experience is a plus. We offer a competitive benefits package.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to):
• Processes initial applications and reappointments for hospitals, surgical centers and managed care entities for assigned divisions.
• Maintains complete file of provider’s licensure and credentials. Monitors renewals of licensure and forwards copies of licensure to facilities as renewals are received.
• Maintains and updates credentialing database, inclusive of demographic and licensure information.
• Maintains and updates continuing medical education/ACLS credits and other training requirements.
• Maintains and updates curriculum vitae/profiles for each provider.
• Maintains correspondence files and credentialing archival files.
• Performs other credentialing duties as requested.
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
• Knowledge of organization’s policies, procedures and systems.
• Skilled in computer applications including MS Word, MS Excel, database administration and scanning applications.
• Knowledge of NCQA and/or JCAHO Accreditation standards.
• Skilled in verbal and written communications.
• Knowledgeable in Federal and State Regulation on Confidentiality; and Peer Review Guidelines.
• Ability to work effectively with staff, physicians and external customers.
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
• Communicate well with the public
• Ability to read, write, and speak English
• High School graduate or equivalent. AS or B.S. degree in business administration or health care related field is a plus.
• One year Credentialing experience preferred.
US Anesthesia Partners, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.