POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for entering information into the Credentialing database, including data management of all providers’ credentials. Generate verification letters for primary source.
U.S. Anesthesia Partners (USAP) is the largest single-specialty anesthesia practice in the country with over 4,000 clinical providers and associates. By joining our team you will participate in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment. As an organization we are mission focused on delivering the highest quality in patient care and you will be directly supporting our talented clinical team. We extend this same commitment to quality to our associates and supply tools and resources that will ensure we win in the healthcare marketplace and support of USAP.
We are proud of our inclusive people culture that supports our associates to perform at their best. USAP is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates with physician services or related health care experience is a plus. We offer a competitive benefits package.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to):
• Prepares verification letters
• Contacts medical office staff, licensing agencies, and insurance carriers to complete credentialing and recredentialing applications.
• Enters information in a timely and accurate manner into Cactus as directed by coordinators and documents all contacts/actions.
• Review and respond appropriately to diverse types of documents as directed by coordinators.
• Assist with preparation of initial and re-appointment application packets by printing TSCA, noting due date in cactus, and on occasion hand delivering to providers to complete.
• Send and receive mail, faxes, email requests and documents to providers and facilities as directed by Coordinators.
• Initiate phone calls and writes/sends correspondence as directed.
• Maintains the highest level of confidentiality according to company and/or HIPAA requirements.
• Attends all departmental meetings as scheduled.
• Assist with projects as requested or directed.
• Performs other duties as assigned/requested.
• Prep application for data entry
• Pre-screen application for routing sheet
• Process all peer refs, initial and re-appointment.
• Assist with reports and queries.
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
REPORTING TO THIS POSITION: No direct reports
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
• Demonstrate the ability to learn and work within the organization’s policies, procedures and systems.
• Skilled in computer applications including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, database administration, faxing and scanning applications.
• Ability to Multi-task.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to take accountability for meeting deadlines while dealing with interruptions and priority adjustments from internal and external sources.
• Knowledge of data entry.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to interact effectively with staff, physicians and external customers.
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
• Strong attention to accuracy and detail.
• Must have a pleasant disposition and high tolerance level for diverse personalities.
• Communicate well with the public
• Ability to read, write, and speak English
• High School diploma or equivalent. Some college is preferred, but not required.
• 2-4 years previous office experience required.
• Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching
• Must possess sufficient eye-hand coordination/manual dexterity to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment
• Required normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports and evaluations.
• Requires lifting papers and boxes weighing up to 35 pounds occasionally
• Requires dexterity to type at least 35 wpm.
WORKING CONDITIONS (environment and safety):
• Work performed in office environment
• Involves frequent contact with professional staff and managed care organizations
• Work may be stressful at times
• Interaction with others is frequent and often disruptive
US Anesthesia Partners, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.