U.S. Anesthesia Partners (USAP) is the largest single-specialty anesthesia practice in the country with over 4,000 clinical providers and associates. By joining our team you will participate in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment. As an organization we are mission focused on delivering the highest quality in patient care and you will be directly supporting our talented clinical team. We extend this same commitment to quality to our associates and supply tools and resources that will ensure we win in the healthcare marketplace and support of USAP.
We are proud of our inclusive people culture that supports our associates to perform at their best. USAP is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates with physician services or related health care experience is a plus. We offer a competitive benefits package.
SUMMARY: The Vice President of Operations is responsible for managing strategic and operational aspects of the Revenue Cycle for Anesthesia. Reporting to the Executive VP of RCM, this role is responsible for all the functions related to the Revenue Cycle for multiple billing locations and Provider Credentialing. This role partners with key leaders and Physicians in the administration of day-to-day practice operations, growth and strategic opportunities. Mindful of culture and US Anesthesia Partners core values, the leadership style is respectful, constructive and collaborative. The VP of Operations provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper people, processes and technology in place to effectively manage and grow the organization.
Provide day-to-day leadership and management to staff that supports the PAC client (3000+ physicians and 500+ certified nurse anesthetists).
• Directs/Oversees all Revenue Cycle operations:
o Manages multiple in-house revenue cycle teams with over $750+ million in annual Gross Revenue
o Manages the relationship with outsourced billing organizations
• Directs/Oversees the Scheduling Department
o Over 204,000+ cases scheduled annually
• Directs/Oversees Credentialing and Enrollment Departments
o Supporting over 1,600+ providers in 17 states
o Maintains privileges at over 500+ facilities nationally
• Responsible for strategic planning, monitoring and execution of metrics to ensure revenue, profitability, cash flow, business goals and objectives throughout the company’s operations are achieved.
• Work with Corporate Compliance to implement and monitor quarterly compliance audits, provider training and supporting policies and procedures to maintain OIG compliance in all aspects of revenue management
• Responsible for effectiveness of internal and external processes.
• Oversees development of timely, accurate and complete reports on operating condition of the company.
• Assist in the negotiation of hospital contracts and the daily coordination and management of operational issues with both hospital administration and providers
• Spearhead development, communication and implementation of growth strategies and
processes. Develop and maintain infrastructure of operating systems, processes, and
personnel designed to accommodate organizational growth.
• Assist the EVP and President to develop contracting strategy and monitor payer
• Attract, recruit, retain, motivate and lead management teams
• Help foster a success-oriented, accountable company culture.
• Responsible for evaluating, selecting, implementing, enhancing and expanding new
practice management systems to service more providers.
• Develops and maintains understanding of Financial Reporting and operation of
assigned divisions, including presentations and communications with physicians.
• Develops and maintains full understanding of hospital Anesthesia department
• Key participant in developing responses to RFP’s and presenting proposals.
• Works in conjunction with the EVP and President to develop new business, grow
current business and expand business lines.
• Represent the organization with customers, shareholders, and business partners.
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
• Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel and provide disciplinary actions
to assigned personnel, and works to facilitate individual and team development that drives
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
• Appropriately and effectively communicate and maintain the integrity of sensitive, detailed
information pertaining to role
• Understanding system applications including but not limited to: GE Centricity Business,
Microsoft Office, medical terminology and anesthesia procedures and services as pertaining to
the role overseeing staff function
• Ability to assess work and customer needs related to department practices, procedures,
issues to resolve and target these needs
• Leadership skills to effectively direct work and support to other department professionals
• Ability to communicate professionally with all levels of management
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, technical writing skills for development,
implementation and maintenance of documentation and presenting to executives
• Strong knowledge of financial accounting, billing, collections, banking/ finance and/or process
• Strong leadership, management and organizational skills
• Minimum seven (7) years of healthcare management experience in multi-state integrated
hospital delivery system or multi state medical group of $200 + million revenues including
extensive experience in contract negotiations and with managed care models within a complex
• Minimum seven (7) years’ experience Accounts Receivable management, budgeting and
resource planning in an automated accounting, billing environment or a similar environment
with progression of increasing responsibilities
• Minimum five (5) years’ experience managing healthcare operation staff.
• Ability to read, write, and speak English
• Bachelor’s degree required, Graduate education preferred
• Knowledge of Medical Field and practices preferred
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite