The Patient Accounts Representative is responsible for collecting outstanding accounts receivable from patients and third party payers.
- Phone insurance companies for status on outstanding claims.
- Process and follow up on appeals to insurance companies.
- Phone patients for payment or payment arrangements on outstanding balances.
- Print and re-file claims as needed.
- Work correspondence daily.
- Answer incoming patient, insurance company and physician office telephone calls.
- Research/audit patient accounts for further payment or adjustments
- Work Analyzer reports as assigned.
- Maintain basic proficiency with using spreadsheets.
- Work outstanding Accounts Receivable from Collector Queue with proficiency within 30-60 days employment.
- Must be able to work 40-50 accounts daily.
- Maintain accuracy rating of 90% or greater on audited accounts.
- Meet productivity standards as set by the department.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- High-school graduate or equivalent.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field of study is preferred.
- Two years of collection experience required. Prefer experience in a health care organization.