U.S. Anesthesia Partners (USAP) is the largest single-specialty anesthesia practice in the country with over 4,000 clinical providers and associates. By joining our team you will participate in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment. As an organization we are mission focused on delivering the highest quality in patient care and you will be directly supporting our talented clinical team. We extend this same commitment to quality to our associates and supply tools and resources that will ensure we win in the healthcare marketplace and support of USAP.
We are proud of our inclusive people culture that supports our associates to perform at their best. USAP is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates with physician services or related health care experience is a plus. We offer a competitive benefits package.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Finance Director will have financial oversight responsibilities for the Florida practice, and will serve as a business partner to the functional and physician leaders of the business. This person will have direct responsibility for all key financial reporting & analysis activities, including month end close, budgeting & forecasting, revenue and expense management, key metric reporting, business case analysis and decision support. In addition, this position will support key activities related to our physician compensation processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to):
• Lead and improve month end close processes.
• Lead and improve revenue and expense processes and analytics.
• Lead budgeting and forecasting processes and analytics.
• Develop and continuously improve analytics for each division and provide analytical support.
• Attend divisions meetings or CGB meetings. Presenting and reviewing financials where required.
• Analyze financial data to explain variance drivers, identify trends, and call attention to opportunities to improve performance.
• Review Physician Compensation and understand the drivers. Assist with changes and modeling as needed.
• Pursue continuous improvement of data collection, analytical processes, reporting methods, and financial modeling techniques.
• Collaborates with the other finance department employees and managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
• Participate with tasks and special projects as assigned.
• An undergraduate degree in finance, accounting or related degree is required.
• CPA or MBA is also preferred.
• Healthcare experience industry preferred.
• Minimum of 8-12 years of professional experience in similar duties.
• Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other financial reporting software.
• Multi-divisional budgeting or accounting experience, statistical background with experience in financial projections, and/or macro level working knowledge of operations is preferred.
• This position requires a highly intelligent, analytical individual who is a self-starter and can work effectively in a situation where priorities change.
• This person needs to be an independent person and sound decision maker. It must be someone who thrives in a fast paced, detail-oriented environment.
• This person must have a sense of urgency and be results oriented.
• This person must be able to build strong relationships across the organization and engender trust.
• This person needs to be able to confront difficult issues and work towards the right answer even if the decision is not the popular choice.