Associate's degree (A. A. or A.S.) from two- or four-year college or university; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of medical practices, terminology, and reimbursement policies.
- General ICD-9/ICD-10 and CPT coding knowledge.
- Skill in exercising initiative, solving problems, and making decisions.
- Ability to communicate professionally with patients, physician office staff and others.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision in a fast-paced and busy office environment.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Word processing software; MS Excel spreadsheet software; MS Outlook electronic mail software and GE Centricity Business billing software.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, percentages
- Equipment includes, but is not limited to the following: computers, copy machines, fax machines, printers, staplers, calculators, and telephones.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit in a well-lit office setting; The employee is occasionally required to stand or walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.