This position performs month-end general ledger close, account analysis, account reconciliations, and general and specific project analysis.
- Prepares and analyses monthly internal financial statements ensuring accuracy and timely reporting.
- Reviews source documentation and verifies proper coding.
- Prepares journal entries to amortize prepaids, record accruals, and coding corrections in accordance with GAAP.
- Works with regional and/or Divisional personnel to close general ledger monthly.
- Performs analysis of actual to budget variances.
- Responds to financial inquiries in a timely and accurate manner.
- Develops and maintain accounting databases; verifying input.
- Prepares schedules and financial statements for internal and external audits.
- Assist Accounting Manager by assembling and presenting any requested information necessary for the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Other duties, as assigned
- BS/BA in accounting is required.
- Three years of experience as a staff accountant performing general ledger close for multiple entities, account analysis, and account reconciliation in a multi-company, multi-location environment.