Maintains accurate records of providers’ credentials. Processes providers’ applications for privileges and reappointments and monitors licensure renewal activity for Physicians, CRNA’s, APN’s, and PA’s.
- Processes initial applications and reappointments for hospitals, surgical centers and managed care entities for assigned divisions.
- Maintains complete file of provider’s licensure and credentials. Monitors renewals of licensure and forwards copies of licensure to facilities as renewals are received.
- Maintains and updates credentialing database, inclusive of demographic and licensure information.
- Maintains and updates continuing medical education/ACLS credits and other training requirements.
- Maintains and updates curriculum vitae/profiles for each provider.
- Maintains correspondence files and credentialing archival files.
- Performs other credentialing duties as requested.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or equivalent. AS or B.S. degree in business administration or health care related field is a plus. CPMSC/CPCS Certification preferred.
- Two years minimum experience in Credentialing.