JOB REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-10, ASA and HCPCS coding.
- Background in Medical Terminology required.
- Background in Anatomy and Physiology preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of organization policies, procedures and systems.
- Skill in computer applications including MS Word, MS Excel.
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Skill in gathering and reporting information.
- Ability to work effectively with staff.
- Must have a pleasant disposition and be a team player.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to travel to local provider locations to perform education sessions
- Must report to work consistently, on time, and for expected duration
- Communicate well with the public
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- CCS- P or CPC professional certification is required.
- Minimum of three years coding experience in a healthcare business office is preferred.