US Anesthesia Partners is currently experiencing considerable growth. We are hiring candidates throughout the revenue cycle management process. We offer growth opportuinties, a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salaries and bonus potential.
POSITION SUMMARY: The certified coder is a highly proficient employee with a solid understanding of the entire billing workflow. Performs all coding functions and assists other areas in the billing department as assigned by the manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to):
• Codes Anesthesia charge tickets.
• Reviews CPT, ICD-9, ASA and HCPCS coding on charge tickets.
• Reviews anesthesia records for supporting documentation for charge tickets.
• Reviews medical records for supporting documentation for charge tickets.
• May require sending back to the providers for additional information.
• Review all incomplete or inaccurate charge tickets that are sent back from the billers for additional information and make necessary corrections.
• Identify cosmetic and/or prepaid cases and ensure two tickets are created, one for insurance and one for patient responsibility.
• Deliver coded charts to assigned box for delivery to billing department.
• Assist Billing and AR Department as needed.
• Communicates issues and questions to management when appropriate.
• Maintains strictest confidentiality.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High School graduate or equivalent.
• CCS- P or CPC professional certification is required.
• Minimum of three years coding experience in a healthcare business office is preferred.