US Anesthesia Partners is currently experiencing considerable growth. We are hiring candidates throughout the revenue cycle management process. We offer growth opportuinties, a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salaries and bonus potential.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Charge Posting Specialist performs data entry of anesthesia charges into the patient accounting system from charge tickets while verifying supporting documentation including anesthesia records. All new hires must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to):
• Review CPT, ICD-9, ASA and HCPCS coding on charge tickets.
• Review anesthesia records for supporting documentation for charge tickets.
• Enter charge data on each patient into the patient accounting system with high level of accuracy. Expected performance is to enter 145+ charge tickets per day by 90 days of employment.
• Review Batch Error reports for errors/rejections and make necessary corrections.
• Assist the Collections Department with corrections and billing issues as needed.
• Run daily concurrency reports and audit for compliance.
• Suspend billing on any incomplete or inaccurate charge tickets and seek input from the provider and/or the supervisor of the department.
• Identify cosmetic and/or prepaid cases and notify the payment-posting department of charges on those accounts.
• Audit billing work as requested.
• File charge tickets in file cabinets.
• Box and label charge tickets weekly for storage.
• Maintains strictest confidentiality.
• Performs other duties as assigned.